13 June 2016

A Tote Bag Transformation

I always have a reusable bag with me wherever I go. It's the easiest way to be eco-friendly and eliminates the number of plastic bags used when doing groceries.

Here's a canvas bag that folds up into a neat package when empty.

It's a good size, quite roomy, and can easily be thrown in the wash.

However, it looks a little blah.

I found these canvas embellishments at the craft store for 50 cents a pack. It occured to me that I could dress up my tote bag with these.

I laid them out, choosing a right spot for each one.

I did the same on the other side.

I relied on fabric glue to attach them to the bag.

And because I wanted to tightly secure them, I sewed them on using embrodiery floss.  

An embroidery hoop made the task easier.

The combination of red and blue thread added some color:





And that is how I turned this tote bag from blah to TADA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!