10 February 2014

Chasing Away the Winter Blahs

How are you dear friends? Where I live, we've been getting a lot of snow. It's been snowing every week and there's more snow expected. Here are a few photos of our winter wonderland:





It's a really pretty sight. I'm grateful that we haven't had any power outages and the guys plowing the snow in our neighborhood have been doing a really good job.

It's been crazy cold and I'd like to share some of the things I've been doing to turn winter from blah to TADA!

I like going on winter walks and feeling the snow crunch under my shoes.

It was on one of those walks that I captured an awesome sunrise!

But winter also means being stuck indoors. So I decided to extend Christmas to March.

The garland that I put out for the holidays is still up. I turn on the fairy lights when the sun sets {that's as early as 4:30 pm}. The decorations are a collection from different travels and that ornament with a "C" on it is a new acquisition -- a handmade gift from a friend at work.  Looking at this garland makes me happy.

Because lighting a fire is not an option {we don't own a fireplace}, the flame on the stove is lit for a kettle so that I can brew some of this tea.

Then this record plays on the turn table. Christmas carols never fail to lift my spirits {I sometimes play them off season especially if I'm feeling the blues}. Snow outside, Christmas carols indoors...this ritual turns dreary days from blah to TADA! 

Here's something I received as a gift. It's an electric fragrance warmer.

The heat melts this wax, filling the home with such a soothing scent. And I like that the wax melts have seasonal scents -- florals for spring, ocean aromas for the summer, and things like pumpkin and apple for the the fall.

I also buy some flowers at the supermarket to add colorful cheer to my desk. A few more weeks and spring will be at our doorstep!

Please stop by on Wednesday so we can do a little crafting.

Oh by the way, a quick announcement:

The winner of my blog birthday giveaway is Jonnie L. of craftyprocratination. Congratulations! I'll be in touch with you so I can send this to you.

Have a nice day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing ways to chase away the winter blues! I've been following your blog for a couple years now. Wishing you congratulations on your 5 year anniversary! I was surprised to see that you apparently have a working turntable record player. I imagine some of the younger generation have never played a vinyl record. It's sad for me to see people making crafts out of vinyl records, like bowls and so forth, even though I guess it is recycling, Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornament I made! So happy to see it become blog famous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!