07 November 2013

Meeting the Makers

As you've noticed, all this week, I've been telling you about a recent event called Martha Stewart American Made, a craft soiree featuring businesses born out of passion.

Everyone loves a success story and each participant and honoree has one to tell.

I was able to walk around the American Made market showcasing more than 80 purveyors and crafters from all over the United States. Here are some of my favorites:

Aren't these paper flower lovely and so lifelike? They're made by Livia Cetti of The Green Vase.

I got to chat with the owners of Vermont Rolling Pins, a husband and wife duo {he makes the rolling pins, she takes care of marketing/photography/social media}. These are rolling pins that are worthy of displaying in the kitchen but they do a good job with rolling dough. Hmmm, which one to choose? 

And look, Martha Stewart bought one of the rolling pins herself! {I whispered to the owner, "It's Martha!" and we both pretended we weren't starstruck}.

By their booth display alone, I already knew that Parcel was one little magical store filled with gifts and paper goods. I would love to step into their shop and hang out there all day!

Bellocq Tea specializes in luxurious tea blends. The packaging is premium and the service, personalized. A trip to their Brooklyn store is on my wish list.

Vintage by Crystal is a story land of ornaments. These are meticulously made using an old German craft of spinning cotton...isn't that TADA!? I love how each piece is unique and has a soul.

If you're interested in the other shops that participated at the American Made market, and maybe do some shopping yourself, check this out. Have a happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!