07 May 2013

Blossom Bowl

If you look in our cupboards, you'll see that my husband and I like white dinnerware. Our dishes, platters and mugs are all white. Similar to how they do it in restaurants, we want our plates to be a canvas for appetizing-looking and delicious-tasting meals. 

White is also easy to replace in case we break a piece. And even if they're mismatched {as long as they're white}, there's a sense of harmony on the dining table.   

Here's the white bowl we use for everything from breakfast to dessert. Honestly, sometimes, I feel it's quite blah. Especially if I'm eating by my lonesome.

When I came across this bowl at a homeware store, it was love at first sight.

I was drawn to it because of the cherry blossom print. I think cherry blossoms are TADA! They represent new beginnings, the changing of the seasons, the quick passing of time, and that it's necessary to stop and admire the flowers sometimes. 

I bought this bowl without hesitation and it has officially become my breakfast bowl.

I use it for oatmeal {there's some apples, cinnamon and raisins in there}. 

I use it for a fresh fruit salad with a slice of banana bread on the side. 

I've also used it as a noodle or rice bowl for a solo lunch or dinner.

This bowl is a simple joy that turns my busy day from blah to TADA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!