28 February 2012

Warehouse Sale Finds

Kate's Paperie is a shop in New York City 
dedicated to the paper lover. 

This week, they're having a warehouse sale 
at their outpost in Englewood, New Jersey.

They would normally have a sale like this 
around the holidays but they may just 
have one every quarter. Woohoo!

Inside, tables and shelves are set-up 
with paper goods & crafting supplies
at hard-to-resist prices.

These gift wrap sheets are 3 for $1.00.

I found these medium-sized pillow boxes...

...they were 5 for a $1.00!

I'll use them to wrap scarves or shirts.
Just add a ribbon & a card. It can even
be reused once the gift is revealed.

This section has boxes of beautiful cards -- the
ones that would be priced at $4.00 and up at
the store. But I got them at 3 for $1.00!

Have a look:

For the kiddies

For the young or young at heart

To deliver get well wishes

To send love during a difficult time

For happy occasions or for no reason at all

I also found some note cards:

Note packs & boxed cards are priced 
from $1.00 to $5.00.

Lots of initial cards {but letters may be limited}

I adore the prints of these envelopes 
{there are cards inside}. I got them
for 5 for $1.00.

The items and prices are really TADA! You just have to rummage around to find that treasure. And if you do go, may I recommend a few stops in the neighborhood?

Balthazar {yes, that popular SOHO restaurant} has a wholesale bakery in New Jersey. They have a small storefront set up like a patisserie where you can purchase pretty, fragrant and tasty baked goods like bread, cookies, cakes and tarts. 

 Grab some coffee with your pastry -- but only
TO GO. Sadly, there's no seating available.

Also make a stop at Jerry's Homemade. It's a deli and grocery selling many European goods like cheese, pasta, wine, chocolates, olive oil, coffee, tea, jams, sauces, cookbooks, cooking supplies and gift baskets. And the prices aren't snobby at all.

I bought some Spanish crisp bread, cheese and quince paste because I saved money from shopping at the Kate Paperie warehouse sale! Plus, I needed to celebrate my good finds. My day just went from blah to TADA!

Kate's Paperie Warehouse: 40 Rockwood Place, Englewood, New Jersey 07631
Balthazar Bakery: 214 South Dean Street, Englewood, New Jersey 07631
Jerry's Homemade: 410 South Dean Street, Englewood, New Jersey 07631

6 comments:

  1. Wish I could be in NJ right now; I'd hit all the stops you mentioned & enjoy every bit of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'd have a lot of fun Suzie! Thanks for coming by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    First of all, I love your blog, is so inpiring! but I was really surprised to see "Spanish crisp bread" you bought. I'm half Spaniard and I live in Barcelona, but Isabella don't seems to be a very Spanish name, it was funny, but in fact, the crisp bread looks fine!!:-)
    (sorry for my "basic" english:-P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for visiting my blog Miss Anonymous. I wish I knew your name. Wow, I'm happy that someone in Barcelona reads my blog! The crisp bread was yummy, especially with some cheese and fig spread on top of it :) Besos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I my name is Mireia, and is a new way to eat crisp bread, as you did it, it sounds great. Normaly we use to eat it with coffe or a cup of warm milk. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mireia...what a pretty name! Thanks for sharing with me the right way to eat the Spanish crisp bread :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!