27 February 2012

Kate's Paperie

Happy Monday everyone!
This week, I'm taking you shopping.

We're going to one of my favorite 
stores in New York City.

It's called Kate's Paperie

It used to have several branches all
across Manhattan, but now they've 
focused on a flagship store in SOHO.

By the name itself, you already know it's an
emporium of paper. 

They sell sheets of gift wrap in all colors, prints and textures. They also offer custom gift wrap services -- the kind that you want to display on your coffee table and never want to open. 

I remember attending an in-store gift wrapping demo years ago and was so envious of this person's job of wrapping surprises all day, surrounded by the most fabulous paper and ribbon! 

They're also known for custom printing invitations and personal or business correspondence. But if you want to do a little D.I.Y., they sell many kinds of paper, card stock, envelopes and seals for you to choose from.

The walls are lined with shelves of 
the cutest greeting cards. 

 There are journals, date books, calendars,
party supplies, gifts...

As well as sets of note cards and writing instruments. 

On special occasions, they have events like hand calligraphy for Valentine's, choosing wedding invitations for the soon-to-wed and book signings. They used to have craft nights on summer evenings where stations around the store were set-up {paper crafts like stamping, origami, scrap booking}. I guess space issues are limiting them from making this a regular event.   

Anyway, I recently discovered their warehouse!

And they have an on-going sale!

If you're in the area, I recommend you make the trip because there are many good deals. This week, the sale runs from February 27 to March 2 from 10:00 Am to 5:00 pm at 40 Rockwood Place, Englewood, New Jersey, 07631. 

Tomorrow, I'll show you what bargains I found. See you then! 


2 comments:

  1. thanks for the virtual tour. Whenever I get to New York, I visit Kate's Paperie to super-charge my creativity. Never know what I'll buy;always find some wonderful, unique treasure. Best to go totally open to take in the aura.
    Now,a Warehouse Sale...I've been there once already and couldn't believe the fabulous finds. Check it out for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Miss Anonymous! I wish you wonderful buys at the warehouse sale! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!