24 August 2009

Mind Your Own Business Cards

Hello there Everyone! I hope the weekend was especially good to you.

This week, I've geared up for my very first blah to Tada! challenge
. Marti e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago to ask for some help: "Hi! I was curious if you have any thoughts on creating a business card holder from recycled products. I am currently using an old loose leaf note paper box that is falling apart."

Marti even sent a photo:


I must agree, it's looking quite blah so I have some suggestions that I hope Marti will like. Thankfully this challenge came along, because I realized that my own collection of business cards needs a home, too!

Here's my first suggestion:

Blah: Plastic tubs that once contained strawberries,
walnuts and grape tomatoes.


Tada!: An instant business card holder!

I did not spend anything, absolutely nothing, for this.

The dividers are old cardboard boxes (ex. cereal), measured to the size of a business card plus a half-inch added to the height. After cutting the cards, I covered these with colorful pages from a magazine and then glued on the letters (printed out from my home printer; calligraphy will also work). I also decorated the cover of the plastic box with a fun print I got from a school catalogue and a label "Business Cards" that I printed myself.

Here's a version using the box that
once held grape tomatoes.


Just add your business cards in the corresponding slots!

If you have a growing collection, you can have several of these small boxes organized to your liking. For example, Box #1: letters A to M and Box #2: letters N to Z. You can also categorize by year or by "personal" and "business" contacts. You can easily stack these boxes on top of each other.

Or you can use a bigger box like this one
that once cradled strawberries.


Easy business card organization, right?
Please come back tomorrow for another idea!

18 comments:

  1. Good morning Curious Cat & Ruxandra! Thanks for the early morning Monday visit =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- what a great blog you have here! So creative and fun! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I like this one! Not only did you use the container, but also old boxes too - double whammy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Pretty Day & PemperingBeki! Welcome to my blog & thanks for your visit =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Christina!The more stuff we're able to recycle, the better...woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute and love the cheerful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOH this week sounds very interesting indeed! Cant wait for the rest of the ideas, first one was great Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! I love it! I am so happy you took on my challenge! I am off to pilfer through my recycling container. I think I'll actually divide mine by category instead of alphabetically. Since, I can't always remember who, but I usually can remember a category that I am searching for.
    Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That is such a great idea... for free!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ashlea! Isn't FREE a nice word ;-) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very welcome Marti! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!