26 August 2009

Box Up Your Business Cards

We're thinking of easy, eco-friendly solutions to organize business cards, and I've got another idea for you:

Not quite a blah because of the pretty print,
but if a
stationery box is all out of cards & envelopes
,
all that's left is a plain & empty box.


Unless you re-use it of course!

I put some dividers in the box (using cardboard covered with floral-print paper) that stay standing with the help of hot glue on the bottom & sides of the cardboard.

I labeled the dividers using my handwriting on pink paper. The groupings are based on the similarities of the business cards I have: old friends, new friends, food & drink, crafters (I frequent craft fairs!), medical & legal, and etc. for those cards that don't quite fit into a category.

If you're planning a wedding, you can have caterers, printers, musicians, photographers and guests as your categories. If you're looking for a job, I suggest these labels: headhunters, references, dream job and send thank yous to.

Go ahead and concoct your own categories.
Don't limit yourself to alphabetizing your business cards.


There you have it -- cute and organized.
Two of my favorite words!


See you tomorrow for another idea!

15 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! Very cute.

    L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog always makes me smile. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh even the blah part is tadah!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Olga & Filipa! Thanks for your very nice comments =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty! Cute and organized is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! I have business cards everywhere & can never find the one I'm looking for...no longer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I could help Good Girls Studio! Thanks for visiting =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to do something like this. I like this better than the alphabetical system. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog Funamals! Happy organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!