14 April 2015

Book Launch: Oh Joy! 60 Ways to Create and Give Joy

So yesterday, I mentioned that I attended a fun book launch. It had all these festive and fabulous elements, I have to share the details with you!

Joy Cho of the popular blog Oh Joy came out with a new book. She's a graphic artist, product designer for brands like Target and The Land of Nod, a certified foodie, a wife and mother to two adorable little girls.

She's an author of several inspiring books for the creative entrepreneur but this new book is all about crafts to make and give. It's right up my alley!

The party was at West Elm in New York City. The store, closed early for this private event, was decked out in style. Look at these shiny balloons!

There was a DJ.

A Champagne bar.

And frozen treats from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream.

I chose a combination of salty caramel and chocolate ice cream. Then I topped it with Oreo-tasting "black gravel". 

This gorgeous floral backdrop and table covered in colorful contact paper were all based on ideas from the book.

And the highlight of the night was having Joy sign our books. 

She was kind enough to chat with everyone.

Yes, everyone who bought the book and stood in line!

It was one great party, indeed.

Tomorrow, I'll try out a project from the book. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!