01 February 2012

Let's Get Dotty


Happy First Day of February! We're making unique, handmade cards this week and I'd like to invite you to make a few as well. It's for a good cause called the Special Delivery Project. Etsy is partnering with City-Meals-on-Wheels to deliver nutritious meals and handmade Valentine cards to over 18,000 elderly New Yorkers on Valentine's Day. Isn't that a nice way to share the love?

Last year, I made these Valentine cards for the Special Delivery Project and boy did I have a ball making them! Etsy needs our help by making the cards and writing a sweet message inside. Make as many cards as you want and mail them by February 7, 2012 to:

Attn: Katie Rose Crosswhite
55 Washington Street, Suite 512
Brooklyn, NY 11201

You can find more information here.

Now, here's another idea to turn left over tissue paper used from gift wrapping.

I chose this one with the polka dots. I'll cut around them.

Then I'll attach these randomly on plain card stock with a glue stick.

You can cut out circles from single color tissue paper too.

A blah sheet of paper is now a TADA! greeting card!

2 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!